Old May 13th 17, 08:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default A New Tool For Photographers

On 2017-05-12 18:29:36 +0000, Alfred Molon said:

[]
Not sure I understand why you would need an external metering device in
such cases. Can't you just take the shot and if it comes over- or
underexposed, simply adjust the exposure and retake the shot?

For many photographers there is a concept called "getting it right".

.... and "right" is what the camera produces, not what some incident
light meter tells you. You may want some special effect (e.g. sunsets,
night shots...).

Colour temperature metering could be of interest, though, and possibly
studio photography, which is not something I do.

--
Cheers,
David