Old August 23rd 05, 04:52 AM
Jeremy Nixon

GTO wrote:

I wonder if I should stop considering buying Nikon DX lenses. Looking at the
Canon 5D, I can no longer imagine how Nikon can stick with a DX format image
sensor. The community of 35mm camera users will most certainly no longer
accept a DX format image sensor in a D2X that sells for US$5000.

Why not? The D2x is equal or higher spec than the 5D in everything but
sensor size; the two cameras are not comparable. And unless you really
need super-wide-angle, full frame is a lot of money for little benefit.
(The main benefit may be a hard lesson in how poorly some lenses may
behave at the edges of a full frame digital sensor.)

Having said that, I'd imagine that full frame is in the future, sooner
or later, so apart from the DX fisheye (which you need to get fisheye
on 1.5x) it's probably best to stick to full frame lenses.

In 2006, what will be my Nikon upgrade for my D70?

Maybe sometime in 2006 Nikon will fill in the mid-spec gap in their
lineup. It's a big jump from D70 to D2x.

--
Jeremy |