Old December 29th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Default Screwed by Canon rebate.

Bryan Olson wrote:
John wrote:
I know that the institution of rebates is meant to rip you off so

Yup.

[...]
I checked on my rebate status just now.

Error(s): An original qualifying UPC was not included

Yep. No matter how hard I tried, Canon still managed to screw me over.

Since they want "an original" qualifying UPC", my copy won't suffice.

In my experience, the companies initially try to cheat me out of
about 20-25% of the rebates. Never give up after the first refusal.
My collection rate is 100% over the past few years, including a
couple on which I did make mistakes.

Just as they expect a large percentage not to apply, they expect
a large percentage to accept their refusal to pay. Follow up.
Tell them you keep copies, just as most of the forms say to do.

A trick they learned from SSI. 80% of applications for SS disability
are rejected, and 80% of those who are submitted again, by a law firm,
are approved. So, the question is, how much does the ABA contribute to
the people in charge? Grin.

In this case, you cannot prove that you included the UPC, so
you might think you cannot make a strong case. Not so. You
have exactly the documentation someone who follows their rules
is supposed to have. If there's no way to settle such matters,
that's their fault. Politely ask them: under the rules they
made, how does the customer show that he sent the UPC?