Old September 23rd 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rick Geyerman

Default Digital Rebel lens to Film Rebel?

OK. Next question, if that's OK...

I've read (here) about dust contamination on a digital camera's CMOS
sensors. Is it a big issue to swap these lenses back and forth in a
relatively quiet space? Or, are we talking *surgically clean.

My pictures are mostly for home use, but I've published magazine photos and
that was the purpose of my new purchase.

--

"Paul Rubin" wrote in message
"Rick Geyerman" writes:
I swapped the bigger film lens to the digital camera and it seems to work
fine, but the new lens won't attach to the old film-camera body.

What am I missing? Do I need an adaptor?

The EF-S lens is designed for the Rebel digital cameras and won't work
on the film models. The Rebel digital sensor is smaller than a film
frame, and that allows the EF-S lens to be smaller and less expensive.
But that also makes it inherently incapable of covering a film frame
or a larger sensor (like the EOS-1DS series). So there is no adapter.