Old May 25th 07, 08:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Cats

Default Film vs. digital cameras

On May 24, 8:43 pm, Robert Peirce
"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"

wrote:
Robert Peirce wrote:

Digital would have a very long way to go to come close to 4x5 color
slides.

I haven't taken a 4x5 film image in over a year now.
I've replaced it with digital mosaics.

http://www.clarkvision.com/photoinfo/large_mosaics

Impressive but probably beyond my ability. I have trouble stitching
panoramas together.

My Canon A70 came with PhotoSttich software which does an excellent
job of stitching panoramas. Got 2nd with a print at the camera club
I'd made with it & the judge couldn't tell - when he found out what
the origins were he said he'd have given it 1st if he'd known, in
effect the software did too good a job! The originals were hand-held.

Suspect PhotoStitch comes with most Canon cameras - if panoramas are
something you are keen on, you could consider buying an old Canon on
ebay for the software! Of course check first that model comes with it
and the one you are buying comes with the original CDs....