Old April 15th 05, 07:40 PM
Ken Nadvornick

"Timothy R. Bonine, M.D." wrote:

Can anyone recommend a shop for routine service (CLA, light seals, &

mirror
box pads) for older manual focus Nikon (FE2,FA) bodies? I'm not

necessarily
looking for bargain-basement prices, but rather someplace that knows their
Nikons, with a reputation for top-quality work.

Thanks,
Tim

Dr. Bonine,

I'm not sure where you live, but I have had two Nikon F2s serviced exactly
as you indicate by Northwest Camera Repair in Everett, Washington, USA.
They have an excellent reputation in the Pacific Northwest region and came
highly recommended to me.

http://www.northwestcamerarepair.com

Prior to servicing one of my two cameras had sat unused for over a dozen
years and the other was an Excellent Plus purchase from KEH. (Nothing
initially wrong with the purchased unit. I always have any newly acquired
used equipment checked and cleaned before use.)

In addition to a basic CLA I had the DP-1 Photomic meters cleaned, checked
and calibrated for both cameras. In one case (the older camera) some
additional repair was required for the meter. I also had all of my older,
vintage lenses (five total) CLAed as well.

I found the service to be timely and the prices fair. Since they were
serviced the cameras and lenses have performed flawlessly in moderate use.
I will not hesitate to return for any additional repair work as the need may
arise. If you contact them, ask for Scott.

Ken