Old November 10th 04, 05:31 AM
Tom Phillips

Mike King wrote:

"Tom Phillips" wrote in message
Try using film. Latent images never disappear and
there's no storage card to go bad.

Yeah, and none of us have ever put the fixer in the tank before the
developer or mis-processed our film any other way!

Well, not me, anyway... :-)

And the Post Office has
never lost a roll sent out for processing.

Had them lose a bank check once (for $6K) but never film.
Anyway I'd recommend fed ex over the USPS...

And the lab has never had a bad
day and no one has ever walked into the darkroom when the tech was loading
film and ...

Suppose that depends on the quality of the lab and
employees (i.e., a sober employee is a competent one...)

It's a good idea to back yourself up when shooting any life critical images.
The price of digital is high but no higher than buying a second Hasselblad
or F-5 if shooting a once in a lifetime event. Or if charging for your
services. The way I sort the amateurs from the pros at events is look for
the guy with one VERY expensive camera--he's the amateur. The pro will have
several beat up crappy cameras and come home with the goods.

Can't argue with that. Only caveat is I have lots of
images where the situation or lighting only allowed
for one exposure.