Old February 8th 19, 07:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Default Nikon is backwards

On Wed, 06 Feb 2019 03:30:49 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Tue, 05 Feb 2019 22:46:51 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Feb 2019 10:09:42 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 23:37:31 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 23:33:05 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 21:58:17 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 07:29:34 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sat, 02 Feb 2019 23:44:21 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 23:07:17 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 22:31:26 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"

On 2019-01-31 13:24, Bill W wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 08:17:57 -0500, Alan Browne

On 2019-01-30 17:55, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 01:05:49 -0000, Alan Browne

I'd rather have it. Never know. Didn't cost anything to get fixed.

Airbags, like seatbelts, cause as much harm as good. I never wear a
seatbelt unless there's a cop nearby. My friend's father died because
he was trapped by his seatbelt in an accident. They're also damn
annoying - whenever you lean forwards at a junction to see if any
traffic is coming, the damn thing locks! Then you've got to slowly lean
back and forwards again, trying to encourage it to believe you weren't
thrown forwards in an accident.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Yeah, mostly, but even though you're replying to a troll,

I'm seeing that now. Seemed reasonable. I guess he's a long con troll.

// he's partly
right about the belts locking in some cars. It's the way some are
designed, and you sometimes have to push yourself back in the seat to
release them. He's certainly right about "annoying".

Never had that issue with my 2 most recent cars. I seem to recall
something like that on an older car.

Drive w/o a seatbelt here and it's a fine.

It's only a fine if you're caught. I get caught once a year, £100 a year is a small price to pay for:
1) No annoyance when leaning forwards.
2) Not having to put the ****ing thing off and on every time I get to and out of my car.

3) No protection in an accident.

Isn't it better to not crash in the first place? Or are you incapable of driving properly?

It is much better to not crash in the first place.

I am very capable of driving, properly or otherwise.
I can't speak for other people or fate in general.

Good drivers can avoid bad drivers.

Boy! Have you got a lot to learn.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12197505

If you had been the innocent party, how nay of these could your
driving skills enabled yo to have avoided?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z52L6jGdSkY

nay? yo? Speak English. And by being aware of what's happening in my mirrors.

Are your mirrors adjusted to give sideways views?

Sit still in your chair. Observe, without moving your head or eyes from straight forwards, how far around you you can see - it's about 180 degrees. Now consider you are actually able to move your head and eyes while driving, and have the use of not one but three mirrors. You should always be aware of everything 360 degrees

around you when driving. If not, you're a ****ing menace.

Obviously the complexity of the above video is beyond you. As a hint I
will tell you that the majority of the accidents in that video were
caused by a vehicle in front or to one side of the camera. Please also
note that you claimed you would be able to defend yourself against
these vehicles with the aid of what is happening in your mirrors. I am
reluctant to tell you that mirrors normall show what is behind you and
normally are of no help avoiding vehicles in front or to one side of
you. Please think about this.

Mirrors are for behind. To the side (which is every single clip in the video) is in peripheral vision anyway. If you have no peripheral vision (which you seem to be suggesting) then please get off the road before you kill somebody. When you approach a green light, you should see a speeding car 90 degrees to the side which you can easily tell has not seen or is ignoring his red light. So you can stop and avoid the collision.