Old October 18th 14, 07:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M[_2_]

Default Shoot out: Smart phone vs Canon EOS 5D Mark III

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Did you use an IR filter? I am surprised that there was just a hint of
pink. All of mine from the converted camera come out red. I can convert
to grayscale in one of several ways, depending on the look I want.
Check the grayscale box in ACR.
Desaturate each color in ACR. (this way leaves me s hint of whatever
color I want, If I want a color tint.)
Use the B&W adjustment layer.
Swap the red and blue color channels.
Use a plug-in.

Any of the above methods are valid, and each will give you a different
look, if you want one.

I used an R72 filter on a camera without an IR blocking filter. Yes,
they come out with some a hint, others a bit more red. But not all red
like I saw with the same filter on a different camera.

I did also discover that there are many variations of grayscale.

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com