Old April 28th 12, 04:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default Nikon Uses Canon 5D2 Footage To Promote D800

On 2012-04-19 00:27 , Annika1980 wrote:
On Apr 11, 4:47 pm, Alan
wrote:

Watch this, idiot.
http://vimeo.com/40113110

Ouch!

The test should have been conducted for even exposure. The D5's were
way under in the lower ISO range (ISO setting v. real sensitivity issue
seen on many cameras). More latitude for aperture and exp. period
should have been given in the test.

Even if you cranked the Nikon down 2/3 of a stop it would still look
like ****.

If the exposure were correctly adjusted to the lighting (for that
camera/sensor) then the Nikon would have been very good over a good
portion of its ISO range - but not as a high a range as the Canon.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.