Old March 23rd 12, 01:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
J. Clarke[_2_]

Default Nikon Uses Canon 5D2 Footage To Promote D800

In article 61c3c372-9645-44bb-9a46-8833ca523887
@fk28g2000vbb.googlegroups.com, says...

On Mar 21, 10:42*am, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

I remember that backlog. *I bought my D200 at Best Buy because they
actually had stock, none of the camera dealers did (perfectly good price
too). *(I was upgrading from a Fuji S2 and had Nikon lenses going back
to 1980 at that point, so switching to Canon wasn't really an option.)
--

So there wasn't much of a backlog if Best Buy had them.
I'll bet Toys R' Us had plenty of them as well.

Oh, there was a backlog. "Best Buy" didn't have them, individual stores
would get one or two in. For a while every morning I'd check the Best
Buy site and the closest one to me that ever had stock was 120 miles
away. I actually went down to B&H to look at a used one, but between
the time I left the house and the time I got there somebody had bought
it (I should have called and put a deposit on it).