Old October 8th 20, 03:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dimitris Tzortzakakis

Default jump from regular ink printer to ink tank system-worth it?

Στις 8/10/2020 4:30 μ.μ., ο Ken Hart *γραψε:
On 10/7/20 12:52 PM, Dimitris Tzortzakakis wrote:
I have the Canon EOS 30 (not digital!I scan my negatives but never
mind) recently serviced bought NOS 10/2019 and I am printing all my
colour prints on my Canon Pixma MX925. An excellent printer in all
aspects except ink costs. A magenta, cyan, yellow or black ink (XL)
costs 17 euros and has only 11 mLs of ink. I searched for a tantamount
ink tank all-in-one photo printer and came with 2 results,
unfortunately quite expensive for my limited budget!The Epson L850 for
400 euros from www.e-shop.gr and the Epson L6190 for 449 euros from
www.plaisio.gr. The former is with a generous discount and is a real
photo all-in one with 7 inks while the latter is the typical office
that can print also photos and is 49 euros cheaper. Plaisio is
infamous for its crappy range of products that are made in China with
the badge of Turbo-X. Also it is infamous for its poor support and bad
handling of sensitive items like hard drives etc.so I'd like to stay
away from them.My old printer would go to my sister who has an ancient
laser on an ancient laptop that hardly runs. So this project will
remain a dream unless I can make a major contract to build a
house!Electric-wise (I am an electrician) or fix 10 washing machines
in a week, lol.(I also repair white goods_.I'm very pleased with my
Pixma but I have paid twice its value in ink costs, not to mention the
environmental impact (all the package and manufacturing and the inks
to be shipped from Japan).

Have you considered off-brand ink cartridges? I have a Canon Pixma ix
6820 and once the original ink cartridges ran out, I purchased off brand
with no problems. I am using "Office World" brand from Amazon.

I seldom use my printer for photos- I have a full darkroom in the basement.

that would be a good idea Plaisio which has a store in my city
(Irakleion) has such a off-brand @work or something I am already getting
the el cheapo @work glossy papers for 2 euros @50 so I'll give it a
try.I also have a darkroom but only B&W. To get a colour enlarger plus
paper tank chemicals and coour paper would need to order from Germany
with all the cost involved and I still would be short of a colour
enlarger. I had one but made the mistake of giving it away when I got my
first digital camera. I have a couple good photos both Ilfochrome and RA4.