Old May 28th 14, 03:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Jail Photo

On 2014-05-28 00:49:39 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Tue, 27 May 2014 17:25:07 -0700, Savageduck

On 2014-05-27 23:07:25 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

This article in the _Orlando Sentinel_ contains a photograph of a man
wounded by the Orlando police that is worth noting:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5193505.story

The

byline

seems to indicate that the photograph is a standard mug
shot taken at the county jail. It doesn't look so standard to me.

As a person with an interest in street photography, I wouldn't mind
taking a shot like that and giving it that processing.

These days there are any number of digital ID & "mug shot* capture
systems & software available. The days of using a polaroid *4 shot*
camera, film or typical digital camera are long gone.
I doubt that there is a budding street photographer lurking in that
booking office. However, they might have had some odd lighting issues
at the time that shot was taken.

It's not like you to miss a point. Whatever system was used resulted
in an image that *looks* like something I wouldn't mind taking and
having processed.

Then perhaps you should start going on drive alongs with your local PD,
Sheriff's Dept. or hang out at the County Jail on a friday or Saturday
night.

I would crop the bottom, though.

Of course.

Savageduck