Old June 3rd 04, 12:14 PM
David Kilpatrick

Default Fair value for Beseler 4x5 enlarger

Raphael Bustin wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:14:59 -0400, Stacey wrote:

C.A. Decker wrote:

Hello:

What would a fair value be for a Beseler 4x5 enlarger (model 45M?)? It's
an older model (black crinkle paint). Complete, in pretty good shape. No
damage. Excellent bellows - no holes or tears. Wooden base is in good
condition with just a few light chemical stains. Enlarger has the motor
drive. With neg carriers for 35mm, 6x6, 6x9, and glass 4x5. Built in red
filter. Aristo cold light head. Older Schneider 105mm and 135mm Componon
lenses (not S models). Lenses probably about same age as enlarger.

I'd separate it, sell the lenses, the carriers and then the enlarger. There
is more likely to be a market for the carriers to different people etc.
Maybe keep one of the carriers to sell with the enlarger, like the 6X9 one?

Good point. The LeafScan 45 takes Beseler
film holders. G.

If anyone is desperately in need, I've got sitting around doing very
little two Leafscans (one without lens, one with a broken power supply)
which can be turned by a competent D-I-Y repairperson into one Leafscan
45. I also have a complete one which I use, these are spares, but they
are blocking up to the storeroom. One of the 'spares' belongs to another
photographer, Steve Climpson, who sent it me on the basis that if I had
time to assemble a finished Leafscan from his and mine, and sell it, we
would split the proceeds. I don't have time, Steve probably doesn't care
now, and any offers for the mass of parts and casings (mostly assembled,
but not entirely :-) from the UK would probably be accepted. I even have
a spare NuBus GBIP board (very useful, that...)

I have a large number of carriers including a rotating rollfilm carrier,
35mm slides, various different rollfilm aperture fixed carriers and the
tensioning 5 x 4, and several duplicates among them. I definitely need
to keep the tensioning one - it cost me a fortune at the time - and the
35mm mounted slide but I may have some others which are surplus to any
forseeable need unless they go with the above spares. The Leafscan is
now used about once every three months because every photographer/writer
I deal with now submits on CD.

David
Icon Publications Ltd
Kelso, Scotland