Old October 1st 05, 02:52 AM
Floyd Davidson

no_name wrote:
Nostrobino wrote:
"no_name" wrote:
Nostrobino wrote:

Just because "popular usage" may not appear in a particular
dictionary does not constitute "misuse".

If you speak of a prime lens to photographers, they know what
you're talking about.

The problem is, they may not. I do sometimes have occasion to
mention "prime lens" and I assure you I use it
correctly. People who think it means fixed focal length will,
therefore, not understand what I am saying.
N.

Oh-ho, so that's it. Anyone who doesn't instantly understand your
feverish babble is an ignorant, "semi-literate ... whose
grasp of language is feeble"

Thank you for playing. You ARE the weakest link. Goodbye.

Isn't that a fascinating demonstration of how asinine humans can
be? The purpose of language is to communicate, but what
Nostrobino communicates is not what he thinks, but rather *how*
he thinks... people don't walk off with knowledge of what he
meant to say, only with an understanding that he won't say it.
Strange...

--
FloydL. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)