Old January 29th 07, 10:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners,misc.consumers,rec.photo.marketplace,alt.home.repair
Frank

Default Screwed by Canon Rebate

David Combs wrote:
In article ,
Bill wrote:

Buck Turgidson wrote:

Reading this thread raised my blood pressure. I have always suspected
rebates were a scam, and our Federal agencies don't seem to have much
interest in protecting us.

Not to start a political discussion, but why is our goverment for business
and not the people?

There are a couple of companies in California who are known to
be rebate scammers (6+ months to pay, don't pay until you go
after them). They've done it for years, and to the best of my
knowledge no government agency has attempted to go after them.
And I don't think that the Virginia AG has gone after Circuit
City for some of their shady practices, despite a large number
of complaints. That's a real shame.

Bill

Maybe.

But I bet that one thing they *are* is "good citizens",
in that they contribute lots of money to political parties,
thus helping to preserve the democracy they love so much.

David

Measher****head, our resident idiot moron lying piece of ****, is most
probably a paid asshole of the oem's.
Frank