Old February 13th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default picture of IC Chips or Circuit Boards

On 12 Feb 2006 18:00:58 -0800, "Ohm" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to take some closeup pictures of Computer Printed Circuit
Boards with the letters on the chips showing, I need it to catalog
PCB's with what chip or manufacturer id or part#. I have used a SONY
DSC F717 in "M"acro? "P"ortrait and the Flower Icon, but unfortunately
the out come is either too dark when flash not used or washed out when
flash is used. I am using the inbuid pop-up flash. Also I tried using
with extra flurocent lighting, but not getting the result I expected.
Also I tried a +10 Macro lens but no good. I see so many people using
this SONY F717 to take macro picture, but no one has described how they
set their camera to do that or what lighting they have used. Appreciate
if someone can point me to instructions that are useful to take macro
picutres.

Thank you

Ohm

Strong side lighting, try taking the project into the sun, as directly
lighter as you can arrange without casting shadows on the parts. If
that works, then you can set up with some artificial lights,
incandescent probably the easiest to correct for color. flash is
difficult because you can't see what's going to happen until after it
does. A flash with tent lighting should work, but a bunch of
incandescent bulbs would be easier to set up for low production.