Old December 4th 04, 05:16 AM
Bob the Printer

"run12" wrote in message
Has anybody here tried this model out yet, most reviews seem okay but
I was wondering about the length of use one gets out of the 4 bateries
it requires as well as any other concerns one should be concerned
about

I would say that most people (who are 'in the know') will use rechargable
Nimh cells in a camera like that which uses AA cells. Use of regular
alkalines will run your battery bill up quite a bit (though the later model
Canons that use AA cells do pretty good with alkalines, but Nimh are still a
recommendation).

My A70 would net me about 200+ pics on a set of good alkalines, whereas if I
used Nimh cells, it would be anywhere between 300 and 400 pics, depending on
the mah rating of the cells (I got 300 on 1300 mah and 400 on 2000 mah).

Having said that, it really depends on how you're going to use the camera
too. If you take just a few shots once in a while (like for example a couple
of pics a day over a month long period), the alkalines will serve you
better, as the rechargables self-discharge quite a bit more.

Bottom line is that if you use the camera a lot, Nimh rechargables are
better. If you use the camera more infrequently, the alkalines will not
self-discharge nearly as much.

--
God Bless America!

And HAPPY HOLIDAYS!