Old January 22nd 15, 07:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Finding restaurants

In article , Andreas Skitsnack wrote:

Sandman:
I'm not that person, though.

I meant overly obese african american families, or the typical
type of person you see in Hollywood movies from the "Ghetto". I
did not mean it in a racial way. "Ghetto" is just a word to
signify a part of a city where a minority lives. It has european
origins and may be used differently. it is derogatory, of course,
but not necessarily in a racism kind of way.

I get it. You went into a restaurant that was packed with "overly
obese" black people, and you felt a need to point out that Yelp led
you to this place. You're not a racist, allegedly, but know a
stereotypical ghetto person when you see one. It didn't occur to
you that a black person in a tourist restaurant could be from a
middle- or -upper class neighborhood. They must be ghetto people.

I have no idea if they *were* from a ghetto, I said they looked like
stereotypical ghetto people. For the record, I would be VERY surprised if
they were middle- or upper class. But again, I have no idea.

A person with some class would have responded to my post with either
an apology for making a racist comment or at least an admission that
the word choice was totally inappropriate. You, though, try to
defend the usage.

I didn't make a racist comment, and I admitted that the word "ghetto" may
be used differently here compared to there. See the words "may be used
differently" in my quote above?

Also, look up "Ghetto". It originally described the section of
Venice to describe the area in which Jews were forced to live. It
was later used to describe the area of Warsaw where most of the
residents ended up in gas chambers and concentration camps.

I know.

It is now used in the US to mean an area where a minority lives because
of economic or social pressure and strongly implies that it is a slum
area.

Yes, that's how I used it also, but not in a racist way. In Sweden/Europe,
"Ghetto" is not connected to the race of the person living there. That was
how you inferred it, but I didn't mean it.

Not a place that people who have the wherewithal to spend a $100 a
day or so per person to visit a Disney park come from.

These people were not in the Disney park though, they were in the
restaurant.

It is not a nice word to use to describe people who are either black
or fat or both.

So now "ghetto" is a nice word? Not sure I follow your train of thought
here.

Sandman:
And you failed the "test" twice. First off, you were tasked to
find great restaurants in that area, and you failed - which I
attribute to the fact that there *are* no great restaurant in
tourist areas in Florida.

Your task is to use this map - without scrolling, panning, or
expanding the area - and find a river or large body of water.

I will instead use the area to find restaurants:

Varda
Ruffino
Sushi Yama
Jensens Böfhaus
Frank
Di Spagnia
Grekiska Kolgrillsbaren
Vardasrum

Pick anyone of those at random and you'll get a *great* meal, 100%
guaranteed. There are other restaurants in the area, some that aren't super
great, and some I've probably forgotten, but in that area, there are TONS
of really good restaurants.

You're welcome.

If you cannot do so, I must - using Sandman logic - conclude that
there are no rivers or large bodies of water in or near Västerås.

Andreas reasoning skills hard at work.

I must conclude - using Sandman logic - that if I am in the specific
area shown in that map, that there is no means possible to find a
river or large body of water anywhere in the Västerås area.

Stop stumbling over your feet.

--
Sandman[.net]