Old July 28th 17, 10:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default My thanks to Davoud!

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 21:39:17 -0700, Bill W
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 00:01:19 -0400, Ron C wrote:

On 7/27/2017 9:13 PM, Bill W wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 21:10:45 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 7/27/2017 4:34 PM, David B. wrote:
On 27-Jul-17 8:22 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 7/27/2017 1:41 PM, David B. wrote:
On 27-Jul-17 3:13 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 27, 2017, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 26-Jul-17 9:08 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 26, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jul 26, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 7/26/2017 10:47 AM, David B. wrote:
On 26-Jul-17 3:35 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 7/26/2017 2:24 AM, RichA wrote:
On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 04:45:54 UTC-4, David B. wrote:
I've just viewed the most fantastic images of birds - I have
never
seen
finer, EVER!

Other folk may view them he-
http://www.primordial-light.com/aves.html

I've made a note to explore David's work further when I
return home to
my iMac!

Thank you for providing the route to find you, Davoud! :-D

David B.

Difficult, getting that close to a bird like those in the
wild and
not spooking them.

Unless they are acclimated to people, or you use a long lens..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqsbscqwac...son%20birds%20

oy
ter%20cathcers%20terns_4192%20crop.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fjzuep8syetz60/my%20dinner.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycftpxc2x5...%20with%20fish

.j
g?dl=0

The images at the links you posted, Peter, are not a patch on the
quality of those photographs taken by Davoud (in MY opinion,
anyway).

OK. You certainly are entitled to your opinion. Reasons for your
opinion
would be appreciated.

I can’t speak for David and his opinion, but I have my
opinion, and
observations regarding those three shots.

Starting with the Oyster catcher. At first I thought this was
your old
Oyster
catcher shot from a few years back, then I saw that this was
recently
captured with the D500. The image quality (IQ) is awful, and that
seems to
be
a result of several things, including your usual crop, and poor
focusing on
this particular part of your frame. If this is a demonstration of
the IQ
capability of the D500, I am disappointed.

The hawk shot is just a ridiculously severe crop resulting in an
image not
much better than a thumbnail. It hardly seemed worth posting. I
certainly
have managed to wring out better quality images with my D70.

The Osprey is a great capture, but again suffers from your
cropping, and
sharpening techniques in post. The edge halo detracts from the
image just
as
it did when you first shared it.

BTW: here is a D70 shot of Osprey with snack from 2004.
https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Shared/Demo/dsc0067C.jpg

Your comments say exactly what *I* had thought - thank you.

Your link doesn't 'work' for me. :-(

Try this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/thwydbv8ozw10gi/dsc0067C.jpg

Wow! What a fantastic capture.

Thanks for sharing with everyone here, 'Duck. :-)

Using the word "fantastic" is quite an overstatement. It's a well
focused image. The shadows are blocked, and although the bird's
expression clearly says "don't even think to taking my fish, the
composition is ruined by the static composition. Nice, yes, fantastic,
no.

As you recently said to me .....

...... everyone is entitled to their own opinion. ;-)

I certainly don't intend to force my opinion on anyone. I should have
made it clear that comment was just my opinion.

You shouldn't have to. It should already be clear that everything on
usenet is opinion.

I'm surprised "nospam" hasn't disagreed yet. ;-)

Well, I assume he agrees. But I'd bet he also knows that I don't mean
literally everything...

Every thing except the edge cases.

Eric Stevens