Old April 17th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
____

Default Exposure calculation

In article ,
"Max Perl" wrote:

When you use a view camera for macro work you have long extention on the
bellows.
You then need to compensate for the lost light to calculate a proper
exposure.
Does somebody have an easy way to calculate the exposure compensation?

I am using a 6x9 Linhof and want to play with a 5.6/100 Componon-S.
I guess you don't compensate down to 1m? ......but from here and closer?

Max

A held calculator with this formula and then you can make your own
"dummy stick"

Indicated F/stop (Use a light meter) * Bellows Extension (Use a ruler)
Focal Length (Of the lens)

= Effective F/stop.

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.