Old August 21st 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr
AAvK

Default No P&S for a serious hobbyist?

You'd HAVE to give up on the 'compact size' unless you can give up zoom size. And
that Oly 550 is really quite small compared to my s6000fd, it's like a s700 (denoted to
be in the "serious" catagory -LOL). But for that insane zoomer I would go with the Oly,
or cut the zoom and spend less on a E900 for compact-ness and serious image quality
(does 9mp raw), which should really be the point of "the hobby". E900 has a good
enough zoom of 32-128mm. Maybe some company makes a slip-on auxiliary lens or
two for it. But don't sterotype "28mm" as being so totaly necessary, please.

--
})))* Giant_Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Here's the example, slip-on auxiliary lenses and the adapter for them:

ebay's search engine: 230162290331