Old July 17th 12, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

Default New Mandate! "On the road"

On 7/17/2012 3:14 PM, tony cooper wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:38:02 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 7/16/2012 1:01 AM, tony cooper wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 21:43:23 -0700 (PDT), otter
wrote:

On Jul 15, 1:53 pm, SI Committee
wrote:
The new mandate, selected from the May "request" is:

On the Road.

Whether "street", travel, or along your road to work, take
advantage of the summer to capture the essential "Road" photo.

I didn't take it, but here it is:
http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/20...s/19campb.html

Hmmm. When I see "On the Road", I think of Kerouac, not Leary. If
the mandate was "Turn on, tune in, drop out", I'd think of Leary.

Of course, "On the Road" was published in 1957 when I was in college,
so the reference might be more meaningful to me. Leary came to
prominence a decade or so later.

Well Tony, The difference between road photography and street
photography is ?

I have no idea of what to shoot for the road mandate, but I'd like to
find a shot of a street walker propositioning a guy. Seems like it
could make a good candid.

Could the street walker be a male"
In theory he could proposition either a guy, or a gal.

--
Peter