Old August 25th 10, 06:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank ess

Default exif manipulating utility?

james wrote:
After a trip I collected photos from several friends. Some of them
have the wrong file time stamp. Some also have wrong exif dates
(not adjusted for time zone). Plus, I created jpg files that are
actually text description of the location, and I want these
descriptive jpg to be displayed in the right order among the photos.

In order to view these photos on various platform (windows, iphone,
...) in the correct chronological order, I need to be able to (1)
edit the exif dates in individual jpg file and (2) bulk copy exif
dates to file dates of a bunch (3) copy exif dates into filename.
This is because many photo viewer sorts by file name, some sorts by
file dates, and a few can sort by exif dates. I want to name the
files and set the file time stamps so that no matter which of the
above fields are sorted, they would be displayed in the right order.

Any suggestion on freeware for windows that can do the exif
manipulations?

I don't know if there is any such program, one that will meet all your
challenges, but it seems to me "jhead", the command-line program might
do some of it for you.

http://softfive.com/jhead-2-90-exif-...pulation-tool/

--
Frank ess