Old June 7th 04, 12:53 AM
rs

The suitable rig would be a copy stand. Once that's in place then it would
be a piece of cake.

In article , says...

In om
(Albretch) wrote:

Including doing OCR on them?

Since the free copy of ABBYY "Fine Reader Sprint 4.0" which came with my
old scanner can do it, I'm assuming that any OCR software can be pointed
at digital photos of pages of text and convert them.

I just grabbed my Canon A60 (a 2MP camera), photographed a piece of paper
on my desk, downloaded the resulting JPEG and OCRd it. The parts of the
page that were in reasonable focus and not too distorted perspective-wise
came out pretty clean.

If you had a suitable rig with a camera mount and some lights, you should
get decent results.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN