Old April 5th 04, 05:34 AM
Bandicoot

Default Focal plane vs. leaf shutters in MF SLRs

"David J. Littleboy" wrote in message
[SNIP]

I wonder, though, that maybe a cable release is the wrong idea. On a
solid tripod I'd think that holding the camera with both hands and
slowly squeezing the shutter release could provide added damping
of shutter vibration.

I've been convinced of this for a long time: I reckon to press down on the
camera/lens on the tripod to add damping at any speed down to about 1/4s or
so, and go with the release/timer only for exposures longer than that. All
with MLU if at all possible.

My testing has been qualitative rather than quantitative, but so far I'm
convinced.

Peter