Old October 10th 20, 07:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Some photogs are Applesheep

On Oct 10, 2020, Alfred Molon wrote
(in om):

In article
.com,
says...

On Oct 10, 2020, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In ,
says...
None of them permits me access to
Apple Pay and my Amex card, my Visa card, my Goldman Sacks Apple MC Card, my
bank debit/Visa card, or my Apple Cash card.

None of them receives or sends text messages, or phone calls, a quick access
to GPS and location, weather, and so much more.

Can't you just use the phone for all that?

Sure I can, but I can also leave the house unburdened by the phone, and still have most of the function, or if I have the phone with me, I don?t have to dig it out of a pocket. It is just another convenience.

Hmmm... I never leave home without the phone.

Anyway, does the watch have a direct connection to the mobile
network?

Yes. Note the Watch specs and you will find that among the standard features are GPS+Cellular, but the cellular will not work without the addition of a provider plan. This started with the Series 4, the Series 3 (which you can still buy)does not have the Cellular feature.

If not, when you leave the phone at home, you lose all
connectivity while outside.

My Watch shares my Verizon mobile plan ($10/month) with a unique number, but calls to my iPhone number are forwarded to the watch. I have left my iPhone at home, and have taken & initiated calls while shopping. I have left my phone in my car and done the same. Having its independent cellular capability is how it can make those out going emergency calls with fall detection, or with other incapacitation, no iPhone needed.

I have Messages on the Watch set up via the Watch settings on my phone with a bunch of scripted responses that I can scroll to, or I can use the dictation feature to respond.

Savageduck