Old July 25th 18, 09:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Moon direction finder

On 2018-07-25 11:15, me wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 11:09:03 +0200, "Carlos E.R."
wrote:

Hi,

There is going to bee a Moon eclipse this Friday, a Red Moon.

Now I wonder, is there some application or web page that shows in a map
of any location in what exact direction the Moon is going to be at a
given day and hour?

That is, I want to plan where to go and take photos of the Moon, to see
what obstacles are on the way of my shots.

A web page would be fine, or an Android application.

It is not a star map, that I have. And yes, it tells me the moon
location at the time needed, but then I have to calculate the position
on the landscape by hand and paper.

https://www.photoephemeris.com/

Thanks! Wonderful :-)

For now, I think the free web page will suffice.

From there, I found some apps for Android, some gratis, some not:

The Photographer's Ephemeris 3.09€
Crookneck Consulting LLC
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crookneckconsulting.tpeandroid

comments say the Android version is lacking compared to the iphone version.

PhotoPills, PhotoPills 9.99€
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=PhotoPills

Planit! for Photographers
PlanIt Photo Inc.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yingwen.photographertools

Sun Surveyor Lite
Adam Ratana
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ratana.sunsurveyorlite

I have not used Photopills, but those who have claim it's the best of
the bunch.

--
PeterN