Old December 4th 15, 06:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jeff

Default recommended monitor switch for laptop or desktop selection

Ken Hart wrote in
:

On 12/03/2015 01:35 PM, Jeff wrote:
nospam wrote in news:031220151039197539%
lid:

In article , Jeff
wrote:

There should be no reason a KVM switch would not work for just video.
The signals are independent.

yes there is.

Care to elucidate?

The KVM that I had would not work for just video, as the switching was
accomplished by a keystroke combination. So a keyboard would have to be
connected.

I have seen KVM switches that have a switch on the device itself. I
assume these would work for video alone. I don't have personal
experience on that.

But, of course, we all know by now that (according to nospam) ALL VGA
devices should be relegated to a trash heap, and erased from the
collective memory, ala George Orwell's 1984. VGA is no good, VGA is a
blight on humanity, VGA might die. nospam has so decreed.

As I mentioned above (and nospam snipped), my KVM has a switch wired to it.
I just unplugged the keyboard and mouse from it and it did indeed switch
the video alone.

---