Old April 17th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Christopher Tidy

Default Suitable tripod for Pentax 6x7

Thanks very much for the thoughts. I did a bit more research and
discovered that the Manfrotto 168 head is the older version of the
488RC0, which has a load capacity of 8 kg, so it should be okay with a
Pentax 6x7. I even found a post at the Photo.net forum by someone
commenting that the 168 head was okay for use with a Mamiya RZ67. Even
if I divide 8 kg by 2, it should comfortably cope with the Pentax.

Yes, the surveyor's tripods have wooden legs. They would need some
kind of ball head adding, but I think I might have one which is
suitable. I think I'll keep one for the moment. They were very cheap
and are exceptionally solid. Their only disadvantage is that they have
steel feet (meant for sinking into soil) as opposed to rubber feet.

Thanks for the advice.

Best wishes,

Chris