Old September 15th 15, 04:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
PeterN[_6_]

Default IrfanView: sometimes very slow loading

On 9/11/2015 12:50 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , David Taylor
wrote:

Running an unsupported and unpatched OS on an Internet connected PC is
your choice, but not something I would recommend to the general user.

it may be his choice but only if his system is physically disconnected
form the internet and isolated from other machines he may have.

otherwise, he's putting *everyone* at risk, because his system could be
compromised and become part of a botnet or relay spam or whatever else.
at a minimum it just helps malware to spread to others.

I solved the problem. There must be two nospams. One says one thing and
the other often says something else.
It must be the other nospam who, in an earlier post said in effect that
only a stupid user can allow malware to disrupt his machine. Yeah!
that's it. At least two nospams. (shudder.)

--
PeterN