Old September 15th 15, 04:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
p-0''0-h the cat (ES)[_2_]

Default IrfanView: sometimes very slow loading

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 14:50:37 +0000 (UTC), Diesel wrote:

"p-0''0-h the cat (UK) - The voice of the Sheeple"

t Tue, 15 Sep 2015
07:21:31 GMT in alt.comp.freeware, wrote:

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 07:37:08 +0100, David Taylor wrote:

On 14/09/2015 23:51, Diesel wrote:
[]
I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by pushing PCs to
the limit...I've ran FTP sites that moved that much or more in a
given 24 hours or less. I wouldn't necessarily call it streaming
though. It was just transferring data over some nice fast pipes.

What languages do you develop software in?

The data is sent once as a broadcast stream - no retries or
anything like that. Miss that data, and you've missed part of an
image or some meteorological data you wanted. The PCs have to be
very carefully set up with RAMdisks etc. to achieve loss-free
reception. It is effectively streaming, and it does push PCs to
the limit.

There are more details he
http://www.eumetsat.int/website/home...ins/EUMETCast/
DAT_2082113.html#sp

I don't develop the reception software (although I take part in
beta tests and automated analysis of the performance). The
processing software I write is in Delphi - a Pascal-like language
which produces efficient object code, and has a first-class
development environment - something I as a single developer
really need to make the best use of my time.

Dustin Cook [virus writer] a.k.a Diesel is an expert in ASIC
dontcha know. You'll never be as good as him so don't even try.

That has nothing to do with the discussion. I'm not sure if the
individual even knows what ASIC is. You didn't. [g]

And, it's ex virus writer, thanks. If you want to 'insult' me, just
let people know I was a paid Expert Malware Researcher for two years
with Malwarebytes. That'll **** more off than my virus writing from
the 90s/early 00s did.

There's nuttin he doesn't know about air interfaces. Word up. Take
care, he's always heavily armed and he'll hack ya as soon as look
at yer with repurposed network hubs he's reclaimed from landfill.

Jealous much?

Oh! God yes, your networking skills are legendary. I soooo want one of
your repurposed hubs. Do you have a range of colours or do they just
come in rust and covered in ****?

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
liar, total ******* retard, shill, pooh-seur, scouringerer,
the most complete ignoid, and furball.

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896