Old October 26th 09, 05:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_3_]

Default Extension rings for macro

"Outing Trolls Is FUN!" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 12:48:16 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

60 Yrs. Pedantry 60 Yrs. Creativity wrote:
On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 13:38:26 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
wrote:

That never really was a universal definition anyway

Actually, it was. But it's not just 1:1. There were defined ranges
within
which each term embraced their subject to virtual-image size. These
were/are the scientific and optical designers' concrete definitions.

(image-size : subject-size)

10:1 to 10:1 = microphotography or photomicrography
10:1 to 1:1 = macro photography
1:1 to 1:10 = gross photography (still in common use in medical fields)
1:10 to 1:100 = photography
1:100 to 1:100 = telephotography or astrophotography

Cite source/reference. I don't see anything "wrong" with that list,
just never seen anything like it.

This has been one of your rare, possibly useful posts since you began
trolling here. Keep up the good work and hold your tongue on your other
useless diarrhea.

Too bad you don't know all the names I have posted under.

Hardly "too bad." Why would anyone care?