Old September 2nd 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Stormin Mormon

Default 35mm film VS digital

The camera says it's 7.something megapixel, so it does fairly good pics. I
do use more megabytes for group photos, and once in a while when I'm fairly
sure I've got a memorable moment.

For snap shots of the neighborhood, kids, dogs, etc, 0.3 makes reasonable
pics.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ken Hart1" wrote in message

I was wondering the same thing myself. I have a crappy 300Kpixel (0.3Mpixel)
camera that I got for box tops (well, not box tops, rather the barcodes from
cigarette packs), and it really and truely sucks!

OTOH, I often make 11x14 and 16x20 prints from my 35mm negs, and if the negs
were shot correctly (good exposure, focus, and held steady). the prints can
be very good.