Old November 16th 07, 12:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
acl

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

On Nov 16, 3:49 am, Bill Tuthill wrote:

The recommended DSLR workflow seems like a huge chore, not a fun hobby,
with RAW mode and the continual treadmill of Adobe software upgrades.

What would stop me from shooting jpegs with saturation up, contrast
set to high, auto or some custom curve and high sharpening? I can even
choose out of 3 different "film" looks on my camera (nikon calls them
colour modes). And who is forcing you to use anything by adobe? there
are many other editors you can use.