Old May 11th 17, 09:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default A New Tool For Photographers

On 2017-05-11 20:30:30 +0000, charles said:

On Wed, 10 May 2017 14:37:09 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

https://petapixel.com/2017/05/10/illuminati-worlds-first-bluetooth-light-color-meter/

There

are smartphone aps that claim to do something similar. No idea
how accurate they are.

I have a lightmeter app, *FotometerV2* for my iPhone, and it does a
somewhat reasonable job, but considering it is using the camera lenses
I wouldn't call it a replacement for a good incident light meter such
as a Sekonic, it probably has somewhat questionable accuracy.

The *Illuminati* uses a measuring device that is separate from the
phone, and only uses the CPU in the phone to make calculations based on
the input from the measuring device. I would say the potential as an
accurate light meter for the *Illuminati* is high. however, until it is
properly road tested we are not going to know for sure. That said,
compared to a Sekonic, in price and performance it looks very promising.

Savageduck