Old July 27th 04, 02:39 AM
Mike Henley

Default "Kodachrome" used as an adjective

On CNN today during their commentary on the democratic convention, the
anchor referred to John Edwards' as a "kodachrome family".

I can only assume they meant "photogenic". I can't see them referring
to them with anything that's specific about kodachrome film itself,
'cos that'd be too much for news coverage. So I guess now "kodachrome"
as a word may just seep into common usage and we may start hearing it
often, in the same way "technicolor" is, probably just 'cos it's a
hip-sounding and more comprehensible word, far more so than ... say...
"velvia family".

I don't know why I feel i'll be annoyed next time i hear a
wannabe-hipster describe something as... "it's like, sooo
kodachrome"!!