Old August 21st 04, 08:09 PM
Brian C. Baird

says...
While clearly an old wreck of a barn, esp. with the growth
suggesting it has been abandoned, the composition is a bit
centered and dull. Muted colors do not appear natural at all.
Ah, "desaturated in photoshop" it says below the image... well
not only did this not help the image, it is also a violation of
the sacred rulz. Please obtain a whip and flog yourself. For
the composition, more foreground or skyline to "place" the barn
as well as a less centered shot would have certainly helped. Or
get in close and photograph some detail.

All valid criticisms. I shot that from a moving car and didn't bother
to go back to actually frame it better (I.e. closer).

As for the Photoshop dig - well, it still falls within the rulz!
Photoshop is allowed, as long as you're not doing anything you couldn't
do in the darkroom. Since I don't see JFK shaking hands with Tupac
Shakur, I think I still fall within fair use.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/