Old August 5th 04, 05:19 AM
Stacey

Default fog inside lens cell

PGG wrote:

I bought a spanner wrench to remove a rear retaining ring from my
Ilex-Calumet 215mm f5.6 lens. This allow me to get to this cell, however
the fog is _inside_ the cell and not on the accessible surfaces. It is
pictured at the link below:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/papago...&.dnm=3376.jpg

It looks like there are 2 pieces of glass sandwiched together somehow.

I don't think cement is used because I called my local repair shop, for
which I got a previous estimate of $78 to clean, and asked if they
uncemented/recemented cells to clean them. They said they do _not_ do
this, and that if they gave an estimate for my lens, then they are able to
clean it regardless. Unless they didn't realize the extent of the fog,
then I believe these glass pieces are attached some other way.

Any ideas?

They look cemented together to me, what else could be holding them together?
--

Stacey