Old October 8th 03, 12:59 PM
Mxsmanic

Default gatherings of people - does a photographer need people permission for commercial purposes

Enter Your Full Name writes:

http://media.guardian.co.uk/marketin...978552,00.html

I wish I knew more details about this - if there was a model relases at all
for some of the pictures, or if it is just a case of "unacceptable" use of
an image.

It sounds like he did not sign a release, and that EasyJet is just using
pictures of people who are "newsworthy." It's a touchy area. This
being Europe, I'm surprised that the courts do not come down squarely on
the side of the model, as model rights are usually given priority over
freedom of expression in Europe.