Old January 26th 04, 02:00 AM
Patrick Gainer

Default Adjust B&W paper development time when using Uniroller?

Phil Glaser wrote:

Patrick Gainer wrote in message

Ordinarilly, 2 minutes are sufficient, 1 minute is not enough. Higher
concentration will decrease the time.

The instructions for my paper, Ilford Multigrade IV RC Deluxe, say
that with Multigrade developer diluted 1:9, 1 minute is the
recommended time. Are you suggesting that these instructions are wrong
(it would clearly not be the first time a photographic material
manufcaturer's instructions were wrong . . . )

--Phil

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was referring to my setup, using trays. The
developer I normally use, which is home brew, needs 2 minutes to get the
maximum black and normal contrast. If it is too dark after 2 minutes,
reducing the development will not make a better print. The time for your
setup is 1 minute, so I would say if you fell that less than 1 minute
would be better, there is a good probability that the exposure was too
much.