Old January 8th 15, 12:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

Default D7000 Liveview switch

On 1/8/2015 1:52 AM, android wrote:

sooo... the nikons are using the meter by the prism in liveview?
live and learn!

Quoting Nikon, "Since the imaging sensor constantly streams data for
the LCD display during Live View operation, the mirror must be
continuously held up while Live View mode is being used."

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Learn-And...ing-modes.html

So I doubt Nikon is metering by the prism, but perhaps some light
can escape from the prism past the mirror while it's in the up
position. That would be consistent with reports I've seen about
long exposure photography with the D7100.

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
You don't have to sort of enhance reality. There is nothing