Old January 26th 04, 10:04 PM
Claudio Bonavolta

Default Adjust B&W paper development time when using Uniroller?

"Phil Glaser" wrote in message
om...
snip Moreover, I was printing on 5x7 paper. I don't know by what factor
that should reduce print exposure time, but it must reduce it
somewhat. I had been doing 8x10 for a while and neglected to take that
change into consideration.

Exposure (all other conditions identical) is proportional to the surface
ratio of projected images: if you double the surface, you double the
exposure to obtain the same densities.
In your case, going from 8x10 to 5x7, you should reduce exposure by roughly
1 stop.

I developed a lab software, you may try it for educational purposes:
http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/labsoft.htm
Third tab of the dry side part does this kind of calculations.

I think everything is ok with my equipment, paper, and developer. It
is just my inexperience in evaluating negatives (and calculating
correct negative exposure) that led me astray here.

Test strips are a good way to go ... :-)

Thanks!

--Phil

Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch