Old April 16th 05, 06:58 AM
OnSafari

Hello All.

I just wanted to follow up with you all to let you know that I
purchased my MF system today. I had been searching on eBay at quite a
few auctions and looked on the MF marketplace as well. I had some
great suggestions from you all and had some of my own ideas going in to
this. In the end I went down to Charlotte Camera, my local camera
store to see what they had used. Even though I live in Charlotte, I
travel so often that I never actually shopped for cameras in Charlotte,
and this was my first introduction to the store.

From what I found out, Charlotte Camera ranks quite high in being one

of the best known used camera outlets (they also sell new too). I was
pleased to see that they had quite a large section of used MF cameras.
In fact they had every camera that was suggested to me, so I actually
got a chance to hold them all. My salesperson, Lauren was great at
walking me through all the models and letting me know the strengths and
weaknesses to each. In the end I purchased a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II with a
120 back, a Polaroid back, a waist-level finder and a 180mm lens. I
also picked up a new Macro flash and a 300-700mm lens for my Nikon
cameras. Lauren made me an excellent package price, and as they had
just moved in to their new location, they had a 10% discount on all MF
systems. As a result, I wound up getting a near mint (9+) RZ 67 Pro II
system for less than used models are selling on eBay for. Needless to
say, I am thrilled.

So, thank you all again for your advice. I did check out any camera
that was suggested to me, but I liked how the Mamiya was layed out, and
even though it is quite heavy and large, I kept finding myself drawn to
it. I'll start shooting this weekend!

I very much appreciate all of you.

Chris Jett
www.ChrisJett.com