Old April 14th 05, 06:05 PM
Michiel Fokkema

OnSafari wrote:
I'd like to follow up on my last email. I did find out that the RB67
takes a Polaroid back, which I like. I did not mention this, but the
RB67 has bellows, which I have never used on a camera before. Is there
an additional learning curve here?

Thank you again,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I use the RB67 a lot and really like it. It is suitable for any job you
can imagine. Only drawback is the size and the weight.
If you buy, I suggest to leave the original and go for a S or SD. The
original has no securities for double exposures etc. The SD has the only
advantage of a bigger throat to accommodate the 500 apo and the 75
shift. You can use all accessories and film backs on all the bodies
except for the earlier mentioned lenses.
The bellows does not need a learning curve. Actually it is very
convenient and makes the lenses even cheaper because they don't need a
focusing mechanism. It also makes it possible to come much closer
without the use of extra rings.
Although the early non 'C' lenses are oke, you better buy 'C' lenses.
These can still be serviced and have a better coating.
I'd say, go for it and never look back.

Regards,

Michiel Fokkema