Old April 22nd 13, 06:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bowser

Default Digital twin lens reflex.

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 14:46:36 -0400, James Silverton
wrote:

On 4/21/2013 11:39 AM, Bowser wrote:
On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 20:13:10 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Apr 19, 3:44 pm, James Silverton
wrote:
I enjoyed playing with a friend's much prized Rolleiflex film camera. Do
digital versions exist for cameras of this class? I was not able to
search one out.
--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.

No, you don't need a separate reflex view for digital cameras. Pretty
soon, all optical view cameras will be gone.

maybe, but not until the mirrorless cams are fast enough for sports
and journalism work, not to mention other uses, like BIF.

I'm a mirrorless user only, and don't see that on the horizon.

I have a quite recent point and shoot camera whose viewing screen, like
all I have tried, washes out in bright sunlight. It also has an optical
finder, which I made sure of before I bought it.

My current cam, a GH3 is excellent in sunlight and even better in dim
light. The EVF is well-shielded so sunlight never reaches it. The LCD
screen is usable in sunlight, but will wash out a bit. I rarely use
the LCD for shooting, only reviewing and menu settings.

Which P&S do you have? I've never seen one with a really usable OVF.
Most, like the Canon G series show only about 80% of the actual image,
which is horrible (for me...).