Old January 19th 07, 09:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas

Default Whale

"Scott W" wrote in message
oups.com...
:I was out on my canoe tonight and came across this fellow.
: http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/73249306/original
:
: Pretty neat but I was way to far away, so I paddled a bit closer and
: got this.
: http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/73249313/original
:
: Better but still just a bit too far away, so a bit more paddling and I
: got this one.
: http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/73249323/original
:
: This is about as close as I want to get to a whale when it is breaching
: and I am on a boat that weighs all of 25 Lbs.
:
: Scott
:
----------------------------
Great Scott!
Oh man your heart must have been thumping in your chest like a steam train.
I relate to your fear at getting too close, mate. Those things are like
HUGE.

Last year while I was out getting a few lessons in the Bocar(
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/fun/the_car.jpg) I looked out the window at
this bloke: http://www.photosbydouglas.com/fun/the_fish.jpg After I stopped
and gained my composure (it takes a bit to make an emergency stop in one of
these babies), he popped up right beside me to say g'day mate:
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/fun/gday_mate.jpg
Boy... Was I scared. All of a sudden, surrounded by whales with the tide
turning, night coming and legally unable to start the engines while whales
are close.

Not like you mate, you could just paddle like fury and get the hell out of
there. Good stuff Scott. Brave bloke indeed. Out with the Whales in a 25
pound canoe... And remembered to take your camera too!. Can I have your
autograph? The world need more heroes like you. Too many of them just
disappear.

Douglas