Old August 7th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

Default Suggestions for a *simple* point and shoot

Dave wrote:
Following my questions about where to buy a D3, I now have another issue
- at the other end of the camera spectrum.

I'd like to buy my wife, who is retired, a point and shoot camera, but
she is not at all technical and has a strong dislike of gadgets. Ideally
I'd like something that flashes when it needs to without her having to
make a decision if it needs flash.

I'm looking for something with the least buttons, knobs or other
controls, so she has less chance of getting into a mess with it. I want
something quite compact too, but simplicity is more important than size
or picture quality.

A mobile (cell) phone with camera and flash. One button turns it into
a camera. One button takes a photograph. And if she gets into trouble
one fast-dial button can ring you up for advice :-)

Designed for people who think simple cameras are complicated, such as
teenagers whose brains are in the intermediate soupy pupal meltdown
stage of transformation between child and adult.

--
Chris Malcolm DoD #205
[