Old September 11th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
embee

Default My First Wedding

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Phil wrote:

OP: Frankly I almost totally skipped over your images until I read the
fact that you recognized the difference between your responsibilities and
the professionals and the need for the pro to have primary access. Those
are the photos that everyone expects and had better be there or someone
will be mad, even if it is not the bride or groom, it may be the mother or
aunt or brother.

Thanks Joseph,

I was VERY conscious of this, and went to great lengths not to step on any
toes (figuratively speaking!)

The pro was there to do his job, which pays his bills. I was there as a
guest, hoping to get a couple of nice pictures while also enjoying a happy
day. Two totally different roles.

I didn't have the same access to the posed shots of the bride and groom, but
then again I wasn't earning my living that day.

Next time I find myself in a similar situation, I'll remember to take along
a longer lens - I feel I could have got some nice unguarded candids working
around the fringes of the event, instead of trying for posed shots. It's an
excuse to go shopping for a nice 200mm L lens anyway......!

Cheers.