Old September 24th 17, 07:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
RJH

Default Affinity Photo for iPad

On 23/09/2017 20:53, Savageduck wrote:
On Sep 23, 2017, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck says...

While there is a 12? iPad Pro available, the 10? is the better choice
when it comes to portability. The resolution provided by the Retina display
is superb. I can edit 6000 x 4000 images down to a pixel level if I need to.

Maybe your eyesight is better than mine, but if I have to go through
200-300 images in the evening, a big screen helps a lot. For my
purposes, a 10" screen is just too small. I cannot zoom in and out all
the time. Actually even 12" is too small. I'd like to have at least 14".

snip

To start with, the Apple A10X with M10 coprocessor is as fast for my needs
as
most laptop/desktop machines, and in some cases faster.

But tablets are optimised for battery life, not performance. When you
quickly browse through hundreds of images, open RAWs for editing trying
out different settings, use panorama software to stitch images - that
all drains the battery quite a lot.

Just for the Hell of it, since I had yet to stitch a panorama with Affinity
Photo on the iPad Pro I thought I should at least say I had done it.

To start with I took this sequence of three shots from last year, and from my
desktop, dropped them into an iCloud folder.

I then went to the iPad and opened Affinity Photo - selected New Panorama,
and selected the three shots for stitching. Created the uncropped pano.
Cleaned up the crop so that the image is ready for any adjustments.

Other than picking out the shots on my desktop, the entire iPad pano
stitching operation took less than one minute.

Here is how things happened on the iPad.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lu9r03r0p97fbju/AAD4Y4UwhMROPrL3oJXs94Txa

Impressive! But those are 1MB files - do things slow up a lot with 30MB
RAW files?

--
Cheers, Rob